Monday, April 8, 2024

Things I Wonder About and For Which I Should Probably Take Science Courses


April 8, 2024


Let’s start with that flaming orb we call the sun.

Where does all the fuel it burns come from?

After eons and eons of burning hot and bright

Surely by now it should have fizzled out of sight!


And also in the sky, that glorious night time sphere,

Which somehow pulls the sea from over there to over here!

How can an object so high up in the sky

Control the boundless ocean’s endless daily tide?


Now my mind turns to the earth’s molten core,

Where, I’m told, iron has burned forevermore.

With no oxygen, how does it keep on burning?

For that matter, how does the earth keep on turning?


What about the wind? Sometimes gentle as a child,

But other times it can blow so ferociously and wild!

All these thoughts and more my mind can’t comprehend,

But, I can turn to Google, my well-informed friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment